Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Wild Raspberries for Independence Day

We spent the morning picking raspberries in the woods. How exciting it is to walk through the woods looking for patches of red berries to pick. Putting one in the mouth and one in the bucket. This is another way we are creating more space for our family to connect with each other and nature.  So much more fun then walking into a store. You get a delicious berries and a walk in the woods for $0.


We found a few friends on the on the path,

.........and tried not to run into these beauties.   



The next day Jetta spent about an hour preparing a  raspberry sauce to top of her 4th of July ice cream sundays. That sauce was really good! When it was almost time to serve it I took it off the stove for her to put it in the fridge and............
oops!....well......, all I can say is it wasn't a firework that exploded. It somehow burned my finger and I dropped the whole beautiful sauce all over my floor, myself and basically my entire kitchen. Wow! We were all covered.  This is the reality of a busy kitchen sometimes.
So we whipped up another sauce quickly (not quite as good as Jetta though) and enjoyed our sundays. The kids made little flags to go on top of our our sundays.  Those sundays were so good. Made with raw milk and pastured cream, raw pastured egg yolks and blueberry and raspberry sauce.



I hope you all had a great 4th!

No comments: