Monday, November 14, 2011

my new EMF meter


We finally got our EMF (electromagnetic field) meter last week. I have been wanting to test the house for a long time now to find out how bad our daily exposure to EMF's really is. I have been reading about EMF's for a while and we have already made some changes in the house, like turning off our router when we sleep, not putting a clock radio near our beds, only using cell phone on speaker, getting rid of the microwave, not putting laptops on laps and getting a mattress that does not contain metal. So, after testing all the appliances, walls, lights and pretty much every inch of the house, I am happy to say we are in pretty good shape.  Some places where we do have dangerous levels (3 or above) of EMF's in the house are the washer and dryer, the oven and stove top, the toaster oven, the blender, the dishwasher, the hairdryer and the electric toothbrush. We also had 2 lights that we are going to have to replace. Both were from IKEA. One was right above our dinning room table so we really have to replace that, as we spend a lot of time sitting there. To reduce our exposure to many of the EMF's from our house we just need to use these things as little as possible and be as far away fro them as possible while they are in use. We are very lucky that our power lines are underground as power line can be a major source of EMF exposure. The other really bad spot we found was in our car. The back seat was not bad which is great for the kids, but while I am in the front seat I am sitting in very high, dangerous levels. Time to get some new walking shoes. So, if you are wondering why it is so important to lower your EMF exposure here are a few articles you may want to read. In the mean time, I would suggest getting a meter to test your house. The most important rooms to test are the bedrooms and rooms you spend the most time in. My husband researched and found this meter to be one of the best to get. It is the TriField Meter Model 100XE. I am going to share my meter with all my friends and family.


(from Less EMF inc.)
After more than 25 years of intensive study, the health and safety conscious Swedish government has established a safety limit for exposure to ELF magnetic field at 2.5 mG, and VLF magnetic fields at only 0.25 mG. Although the U.S. government has been slower to act in establishing its own standards, the Swedish standard is generally accepted throughout the world. What this possibly means is that if someone consistently experiences exposure which exceeds the standard, that person could be at risk for developing health problems which can range from headaches, fatigue, and dizziness to skin rashes, miscarriage, leukemia, and cancer. In fact, numerous court cases where plaintiffs claim to have been injured by EMFs are now in progress. Even though the controversy of conflicting scientific studies persists, it seems strange that cigarettes and alcohol are packaged with warnings we already know about, and the sodium, fat, and cholesterol content of foods must appear on the labels, but NO ONE TELLS YOU THAT THE AVERAGE HAIR DRYER, VACUUM CLEANER, OR CAN OPENER 
YOU USE EMITS AN AMAZING 300 mG OR MORE!!!



Here are some sites you may want to check out:
http://www.lessemf.com/emf-news.html
http://bodyecology.com/articles/little-known-dangers-of-emf.php
http://emf.mercola.com/sites/emf/emf-dangers.aspx

4 comments:

frugalmommieof2 said...

Just stopping by from the Mom Blog Monday Hop. I'm following you by GFC. I'd love if you stopped by my blog. Have a great day.

Lisa

http://frugalmommieof2.blogspot.com/

Ellen said...

New follower here. Love your blog! Would love to have you stop by, check out our educational tips and follow us at: http://letterlearning.blogspot.com Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to present something again and aid others such as you aided me.

Look into my website - frontier internet

Jade Graham said...

The problem is they get all excited because everything is switched off at the time, not realising there is still an electric field there. Cell Phone Radiation Shield