Saturday, November 20, 2010

Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe!


This post is part of

Real Food Wednesday



Gluten Free Pie Crust
(Makes enough pastry for a double crust)

1 C Millet Flour
1/2 C All Purpose GF Flour (I like Bob's Red Mills)
1/2 t Sea Salt
1 T Coconut Sugar
1 Egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 C Butter (or Coconut Oil if you can't have butter)
2 T Milk (add one at a time, you may not need all of it)
1 t Vanilla

Mix dry ingredients. Melt Butter and mix well into wet ingredients. Mix all ingredients together and form into a ball. (You can wrap your ball of dough in plastic and store in the fridge for a week or freeze for later.) Split ball into two. Roll out your dough between two sheets of plastic wrap. Your dough will be very fragile.(unlike normal pie dough.) You have to be careful when placing it into your pan. You may have to patch a few pieces around once you get it in. That won't affect the taste.

My Husband and I have been working on this pie crust recipe for years now. We love it and I hope you will try it and love it too. I would enjoy hearing any feedback about it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Thanks for posting the recipe. I'm looking forward to trying it. I think the coconut sure is an interesting touch.