Jetta got a book from the library last week that had a cookie recipe at the end of it. She has been so excited about making these cookies. Only problem is that we do not have most of the ingredients in our house, so I had to adapt the recipe to meet our gluten-free, natural whole traditional foods diet.
While I taught a voice lesson in the basement my husband and the kids got cooking and created these delicious Moon cookies.
Gluten Free Moon Cookies
(I adapted this recipe from the cookie recipe in the book "The Moon Might Be Milk")
1 C All Purpose Gluten free Flour from Bob's Red Mills
1 C Millet Flour
1 1/2 t Baking Soda
1/2 t Salt
1/2 C soft butter
1 C Date Sugar
2 T Milk
1 t Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 and Grease Cookie Sheet
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt
3. In another bowl mix butter and sugar. Stir in egg, milk, vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
5. drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart and flatten out each one with the bottom of a greased glass dipped in date sugar.