Saturday, February 04, 2012

right from the garden: midwinter salad

I haven't spent much time in my garden since the baby was born. But last weeks weather was so warm that I spent one blissful morning cleaning up and getting the garden ready for spring planting followed a vibrant arugula salad strait from the garden for lunch on the back deck.


We installed hoop houses a few months ago and have been enjoying fresh greens and root veggies all winter.  Now, it is time to start planning our spring garden. We can plant much earlier this year since our seeds will have a warm place to live while the weather is still unpredictable.




1 comment:

Kim said...

How lucky you are to be able to enjoy fresh greens all winter long.It is the one thing I miss in the winter, can't wait to get out and get some work done in our garden, still a few more months to go.

Your salad looks wonderful, I am sure it was enjoyed.