Monday, August 02, 2010

Our Labyrinth Journey

We have been attending church for a few months now at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Annapolis. We found ourselves enjoying the friendships we were making and were amazed at the level of kindness and acceptance of all people among the congregation. We also began helping create a labyrinth that was just getting started a couple moths ago. My husband loves manual labor (I am really serious) and also truly enjoyed the working side by side with other people to create.
The kids even got into the work of it. Pilot loved to work with the boys.

I think they really loved getting rides from Daddy.

One stone at a time, the community created the labyrinth. 

When it was completed we gathered for a dedication and celebration.

The children from the church blessed the labyrinth as the walked it's path with sticks, dirt, water, and fire.


The drums played and we all walked and sang together. 

I used this time to breath in and out and remind myself of all the things I have to be grateful for. As we sang the words were important for me to remember...."Every step is a healing step, every step is a healing step, healing, healing, healing my body, healing, healing, healing the land."

After 2 years of feeling that my body has been sick and not working for me, I am healing, and yes, every step I take is a healing step.

The labyrinth is a place to as questions and listen for the answers. This project was a wonderful way for my family and I to connect with our community, with the land, and with the spirit. It was a girt to us all that we can continue to use in the future.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: