Friday, December 14, 2012

ode to Fathering (building a toy chest with daddy)

 John is such a wonderful father. I grew up without my dad around for most of my life.  I had a wonderful Mother that more than made up for any gaps that might have been there, but it isn't until I  had the opportunity to watch John Fathering our children, that I have seen the amazing possibilities and have stopped to wonder what would it have felt like? What would it have felt like to have a man in my life, my Father, who looked at me each day with love and adoration? What would it have felt like to know that my Father would rather be going for a walk with me, hand in hand, than traveling anywhere else in the world? What would it have felt like to be cuddled up with my father and know that snuggled up with me, listening to all my thoughts and dreams, was exactly where he wanted to be. What would it have felt like to know, so deep in my core, that my father would always be there for me and that no matter where I was or what I was doing, he would do anything in his power to be available to me and to let me know that he loved me and would never stop. What would it have felt like to have a father that showed his love through his actions and not just with his words. What would it have felt like to see the sparkle in my fathers eyes when I did a cartwheel, or sang a song, or told a joke? What would it have felt like to be tucked in bed each night and given a million kisses and hugs by this wonderful loving person I called my Daddy? What would life feel like with all those wonderful memories?
 Well, I will never know........but I count my lucky stars every day that my children will know the answers to all those questions. For they have a father that gives them all he's got and more.  I never dreamed I would have a partner like this. I was pretty sure I would never be able to find such a man...... and I thought I would be happy doing it alone. I am sure I would have survived and maybe even thrived.........but there is nothing that can take the place of a wonderful Father and partner. And each day I love him more and more!
 This is a really heavy drill Daddy.......
 Six hands are not necessarily faster then two, but certainly more fun.

 Hold on tight!

3 comments:

Kim said...

A lovely post. I love watching the relationship between my little man and his daddy, it is pretty amazing.

Unknown said...

tiffany and co, louboutin, michael kors, burberry, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, ugg boots, uggs on sale, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike free, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, longchamp pas cher, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, air max, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike free, nike air max, longchamp, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, prada handbags, nike roshe run, replica watches, replica watches, air jordan pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses

Unknown said...

juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, pandora charms, hollister, moncler, doudoune canada goose, pandora charms, marc jacobs, replica watches, barbour jackets, moncler, canada goose uk, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, montre pas cher, swarovski, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, converse outlet, canada goose, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, karen millen, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, moncler, moncler, swarovski crystal, lancel, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, ray ban, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, vans, gucci, wedding dresses, coach outlet, canada goose, canada goose, bottes ugg, moncler, converse, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, toms shoes, moncler, supra shoes