Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year

On this 1st day of 2012 I pause to think about what this last year has brought me and what this next year might bring. 2011 brought us 2 new members of our family. A new brother-in-law whom we adore and of course a new baby that continues to grow and delight us each day. We took down a huge tree that was rotting and with the new found sun we were able to plant a vegetable and fruit garden that we enjoyed working in and eating from. I finally recovered from over 2 years of constant body pain through slowing down and refocusing my priorities. Looking back, I can remember all the more difficult times we were up cleaning the kids vomit, or awakened with contractions, or working through arguments and all the while trying so hard to be good parents. I think when all is said and done, we did a good job and we can pat ourselves on the back and say we survived smiling.

Recently someone said to me that when you have little children, that is all you are doing. So, in an effort to keep life simple and keep peace a priority while focusing on what is most important to me, I will use this next year to really dive into the study of Anthroposophy in the effort to "nurture the life of the soul" of each individual in my family and my family as a whole. I have started a quest to be more in tune with my children and myself and am devouring books on the subject. I want to turn my life upside down so things can become clearer and I will be able to see the lines and shapes that are present instead of merely labeling and categorizing using old and useless tools. I am taking a step back and reevaluating each step forward I make. 2012 is feeling good already. So much to look forward to and so much to be surprised by.  I have never been one to follow a crowd. In fact, I have usually taken the path less traveled and enjoyed the unknown adventure that lay before me. What will this adventure be? Will I be able to survive? Thrive even? I think I am ready. Let's go!

No comments: