Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Happiness Project: Week 10

Trimming the tree with family is something I look forward to each year. I love unveiling each ornament and finding a special place for it on the tree. Whether is it an ornament I made myself in preschool out of dough or  it is a handmade wooden ornament I got at the Christmas market in Germany, each ornament has a memory from my past attached to it and a story to go along with it that is shared again each year. As each year passes we make or get new ornaments and create new memories that I know will be added to the rest and retold year after year.


My little drummer boy (Pilot found a tin in one of the boxes and created a little drum)



I just love this time of year.
Photobucket


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Beautiful tree. I love decorating the tree too.

Susan Anderson said...

What wonderful family photos!

I love the stories attached to various ornaments too, and the memories that go with them.

I also love the photo of your little drummer boy!

=)

Tara said...

One of my favorite times of year is decorating the tree...love these.

leigh hewett said...

Looks like so much fun. I love your little drummer boy.