We harvested all of our radishes one early morning this week and turned them into radish kimchi. Jetta processed the radishes and we saved the greens to saute and eat at a later time. I picked some wild garlic to add to the veggie mixture then the kids helped me chop it all up. Pilot had fun with the peeler making the carrots into small rectangle shapes. I figure long strips of carrots will just make the kimchi even more unique and keeps him interested and participating in the project. We didn't have all the "kimchi" ingredients except fish sauce, so we made due using chili flakes and some hot peppers I froze from last years garden. We used sea salt dissolved in water to ferment the kimchi and after a few days of sitting on the counter we are seeing bubbles. Yes, that means it is working. They are alive! We can't wait to taste them in a few more days. No if the rain would stop we can get back out to the garden to sow more radish seeds to hopefully be ready for the next kimchi batch when this on gets eaten up.
label design by Jetta